Saturday, April 5, 2008

Semi-Christians

Ahh, its a touchy subject for most, seeing as though the only time some of us resemble Christians is on Sunday. Mr/Mrs. Don't Curse on the LORD'S Day, drive past the LORD'S house playing that worldly music, or use the LORD'S name in Vain. How is it that the only time we observe GOD is on Sunday or when we want something?

I have always found this to be amazing, even as a child. I always wondered why Sister Such and Such was always coming over to gossip about someone else; always saying something negative about so and so or their bad ass kids (everyone knows they are bad, but no one wanted to step in and give them guidance); oh and my favorite, "Girl, if that was me..."

My thing is, why is everyone so damn religious when it comes to things they don't agree with (ie same-sex marriage). I am amazed at the amount of people who can quote word for word verses from the bible, yet these are the same people who are not following the word either. I have one word for all these people, yall some "SEMI-CHRISTIANS!"

T.I said it best "we all sinners/ what matters is in the center/ I know GOD see my heart/ and I'm a stand up figa (well he said the n-word but I replaced it). So there, get mad if you like, but chances are if you mad then I am talking to you. If you don't like it change your ways and how you act towards people, cus it is in fact in the BIBLE.

1 comment:

6ix said...

Me likey, even though 'Semi-Christians' maybe too nice of a term for these folks. i call it not being 'Christian' at all. To allow the people that do not follow the rules of Christianity or live the life that the beautiful Baby Jesus has intended for them to live then classifying them as 'Christians' is nothing short of an embarrassment to the few that actually do hold strong to their faith and beliefs. i can barely count on one hand people that i would consider to be a real 'Christian', however most/all of the people that have taught me (non-verbally all through their actions) a way of living right and paying it forward do not call themselves 'Christians'. A few call themselves 'believers' and a few consider themselves to be ‘agnostic’ (kind of a fan).

To me its not what you call yourself its what you do with yourself. And letting these fakers get off the hook with a 'semi-christian' title is way too easy, call it what it is blasphemy. Its not my place to judge, don’t get me wrong. ill let them take that up with the beautiful Baby Jesus. Ignorance is not even an excuse; because most of them know what they do is wrong.

They can lie to me, thats okay; they can lie to themselves, thats ok, but there is 1 Being that no one can lie to, and at the end of the day – that is what it is.