Tuesday, April 1, 2008

The Typical Vacation, ummmm sucks

Okay, so last year we went to Myrtle Beach for vacation and it was beautiful, absolutely gorgeous. I love the town and attractions and the shopping, lol. However, why when I am trying to plan a vacation everyone wants to go to the usual places i.e. Miami, Vegas, LA, etc...

Vacations are to relax and get away from everyday life (work especially), excuse me if I don't want to go to these big, busy ass cities crowded by a mass number of tourist from not just here, but every damn where. So I took it upon myself to investigate a couple not so known places, to US as a whole and these fools are like what are we gonna do there. We are going to do the same damn thing we did in Mrytle Beach, eat every damn where all the damn time, shop, sleep, visit some attractions, and take plenty of pics.

I mean these are some top-notch places and by no means cheap, very nice resorts. I just think it would be nice to go somewhere out of the norm and actually enjoy it 110%.

And people wylin' out on vacation is NOT a good look, very unattractive, and uncalled for. You can laugh, dance, party, and drink and maintain some sort of class. But very few do this because for the most part we have fallen under the notion that belligerent drunk + vacation= one helluva time.

Excuse me for maintaining myself while in a town I know little about and barely know where I am going and partying with people who have no obligations to me whatsoever. I will drink myself into a stupor in the comfort of my own home, thank you (LOL).

1 comment:

6ix said...

Tell you what sista, i completely agree that, there are millions of places that are filled with interesting things to see and people to do. I am a big fan of living the 'local' in any environment i go. So places like vegas and miami are great (drunken stupor great) but other places can also be fun, specially for the family (non-drunken vacay).

Touching the 'drunken on vacation' topic, YOUR DEAD WRONG! (okay maybe just a little). There is nothing more fun than going to a place where you dont know anyone and no one knows you and getting retaaaarded. At the sametime there are appropriate ways of doing this. Not knowing where your hotel room is or not having at least on semi-sober person in the group --- not a good look. But drinking at the bar across the street from the hotel, or having a steady cab ride, maybe even a medical alert type bracelet with your hotel information on it would suffice. At least that way you know youll get home safe.

And hey, worse come to worse you wake up with some random and have to get directions bak to the telly in the am. <-- Now thats a vacation!!!