Thursday, April 17, 2008

Personal Retreats



Okay, okay I admit it. I need a vacation away from life, love, family, and of course work! I have finally come to a point where I just need to go somewhere and relax and regroup for a couple days. I find it kind of hard to figure out what exactly I want when everyday life interrupts my thoughts a gazillion times a day.

The problem is I don't know when and where I should find the time to do this. I would especially feel bad because I feel like I am neglecting my duties as a mother and miss out on some valuable time that I could be spending with my son.

I frickin hate feeling like this because I am the one who typically gets the short end of the stick. I don't get a chance to relax, nor do I have any me time. And the few times that I do have me time I have went about feeling guilty because I feel as if I am being selfish, which in turn makes the outing a whole lot shorter.

Feeling like this sucks the most because I hav efinally hit a point in my life where I need to make some major, and possibly life-changing decisions and I cannot do so properly and thoroughly because of all the things I have to deal with on a daily basis. I feel like somewhere between then and now I kind of lost a little piece of myself, and to get it back is probably gonna be hell.

1 comment:

6ix said...

your an adult, you got kids, consider the next 18 years a partial lockdown. You can get minimal fun, sun, and maybe time off for 'good parenting' (ie early college).